Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Review: The Hypnotist's Love Story by Liane Moriarty


23751850

Summary from Goodreads:

For fans of Emily Giffin, another wonderful book from the author of the #1 New York Times bestseller, THE HUSBAND’S SECRET...

Ellen O’Farrell is a professional hypnotherapist who works out of the eccentric beachfront home she inherited from her grandparents. It’s a nice life, except for her tumultuous relationship history. She’s stoic about it, but at this point, Ellen wouldn’t mind a lasting one. When she meets Patrick, she’s optimistic. He’s attractive, single, employed, and best of all, he seems to like her back. Then comes that dreaded moment: He thinks they should have a talk. 

Braced for the worst, Ellen is pleasantly surprised. It turns out that Patrick’s ex-girlfriend is stalking him. Ellen thinks, Actually, that’s kind of interesting. She’s dating someone worth stalking. She’s intrigued by the woman’s motives. In fact, she’d even love to meet her.

Ellen doesn’t know it, but she already has.

My Review:


I did not get into this novel as heavily as Big Little Lies or My Husband's Secret, but it was still very compelling and had a unique plot.

The duel POV, from the main character Ellen to the stalker was well done but I would have liked the novel more without the changing of POVS (or if there were other character's povs). The characters were okay but none of them, expect for Ellen, really made me want to root for them (I was not a fan of Patrick.

What drew me into this novel was the interesting plot, however, I was not a fan of how it all played out. I was still compelled to finish up the novel and I now want to read the rest of Moriarty's novels because of her writing style and unique ideas.

I recommend checking this out if you enjoy light thrillers and interesting povs/plots.

My Rating:

Three Stars Out of Five Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment