Friday, July 3, 2015

Review: I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios


21469068
Summary from Goodreads:

If seventeen-year-old Skylar Evans were a typical Creek View girl, her future would involve a double-wide trailer, a baby on her hip, and the graveyard shift at Taco Bell. But after graduation, the only thing standing between straightedge Skylar and art school are three minimum-wage months of summer. Skylar can taste the freedom—that is, until her mother loses her job and everything starts coming apart. Torn between her dreams and the people she loves, Skylar realizes everything she’s ever worked for is on the line.

Nineteen-year-old Josh Mitchell had a different ticket out of Creek View: the Marines. But after his leg is blown off in Afghanistan, he returns home, a shell of the cocksure boy he used to be. What brings Skylar and Josh together is working at the Paradise—a quirky motel off California’s dusty Highway 99. Despite their differences, their shared isolation turns into an unexpected friendship and soon, something deeper.
  


My Review:

I've had this on my TBR for awhile now, ever since I read her other contemporary novel, Something Real, and loved it. I was no a huge fan of her fantasy novel, but I love her contemporary novels and will keep reading them.

Them+feels_9c596c_3828076

I was almost in tears by the end of the novel, and throughout the entire thing once I fell for these two great characters. I loved how the author formatted the POVS, and how you could feel Josh's struggle with PTSD in his short chapters. The side characters were okay (loved Marge her boss at the motel) but the main ones really stole the show. It was a nice change to read a contemporary novel that deals with harsh issues like PTSD and having a unstable parent.

And this was the novel that really helped me get out of my reading slump!

I recommend checking out all of her YA contemporary novels! They are cute and unique.

My Rating:

Four Stars Out of Five.

No comments:

Post a Comment