Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Review: The Hidden (The Hollow # 3) by Jessica Verday

Summary from Goodreads:

Abbey knows that Caspian is her destiny. Theirs is a bond that transcends even death. But as Abbey finally learns the full truth about the dark fate that links her to Caspian and ties them both to the town of Sleepy Hollow, she suddenly has some very hard choices to make. Caspian may be the love of her life, but is that love worth dying for? 

My Review:




This week is apparently the week of finishing series (and I'm not even doing #ayearathon) and it took me a good year or so to finally finish this one. I'm glad that I picked up this series and I will be reading any other books that Jessica Verday writes.

A lot of people did not care for the ending of the series (no spoilers here, don't worry), however, I loved it. The ending connected all of the other novels together and it was not at all disappointing for me.











As always I loved the main character Abbey, and Caspian the ghost she is in love with (not at all instant-love) and I enjoyed their love story even more in the last novel.

There was a great mix of regular life (school and perfume making) and action in the book, but I would have loved to see more about Abbey's perfume making, I just love that about her.

I recommend the whole Hollow series to readers that love Gothic tales and The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.

My Rating:

Four Out of Five Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment