Thursday, April 10, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top 5 Unique Books I've Read # 1


It was hard to come with 10 so instead I did 5, and I plan on doing the Top Ten Tuesday lists weekly. Link to the main blog that runs it: The Broke and Bookish. 
1. Crime and Punishment - Fyodor Dostoyevsky - I read this classic back in 2010 and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I went through a classics faze and this was by far my favorite one.  Some parts were hard to understand, but overall it was my most surprising read so far.
2. Pronto, Riding the Rap, and Fire in the Hole by Elmore Leonard. Who doesn't find a tall, skinny, ice-cream loving modern cowboy unique?

3. Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell - I think this novel is unique because fanfiction is not usually so celebrated, and love this author for doing this! I really connected to this book because I write fanfiction myself and want people to stop looking down on it.



4. Chopsticks - Jessica Anthony - This book was made up entirely out of pictures and text messages, the story was amazing and it was easy to follow along. I can only imagine how long it took to put it together, the world needs more of these books! :D
5. Cathy's Book by Jordan Weisman - This series reads like a journal and has illustrations throughout it that are beautiful. Another unique thing about is the fact that the hard cover books come with a packet of evidence that goes along with the story, rings and pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment