Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Top Five Book to Movie Adaptations

There is always a love/hate relationship when it comes to favorite books being turned into movies, sometimes they are awesome like Divergent, or other times they change too much like My Sister's Keeper. But in the end the best part is the excitement you feel when you learn that book that you devoured in a matter of hours, and have since read a billion times over, is being turned into the next blockbuster. And here are my top five that I want to see as a movie, also my top five favorite YA movies out right now, and the ones that left me disappointed. Enjoy! :D Tell me your favorite YA movies!

YA Books I Can't Wait to See on the Big Screen Or That Should be Movies

1. The Fault In Our Stars (2014) !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Favorite book ever, and the movie looks amazing.

2.  A Great and Terrible Beauty (????) People have been teasing us with the idea of a movie for YEARS and it needs to happen now!

3. Cruel Beauty - Rosamund Hodge - I just really want a live-action Beauty and the Beast movie! :D


4.  Every Day - David Levithan - One of my favorite books last year and it was be an awesome movie.

5. The Soul Screamer series by Rachel Vincent - This would make an awesome TV series!

YA Books with Awesome Movies

1. Catching Fire (2013) I enjoyed the first film but this one was my favorite movie of the whole year.

2. Divergent (2014) The reviews may be bad but I loved this movie,and it was everything I wanted.

3. Inkheart (2008) Paul Bettany as Dust Finger is epic, enough said.

4. The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012) LOVE THIS. I need to go watch it right now, lol.

5. Tuck Everlasting (2002) I've seen this movie a billion times and it just keeps getting better, plus Jonathan Jackson is so cute.



YA Books with Movies that Did Not Wow Me

1. My Sister's Keeper (2009) They changed the ending and a cut a character I loved. :(

2. Eragon (2006) Saw this in the theater, not my favorite, but Garrett Hedlund was awesome as Murtagh!

3. City of Bones (2013) Disappointed me big time. :(

4. Twilight (2008) Yeah, was not a big fan of the leads, but the side cast is okay.

5. The Host (2013) Not the best, this was my favorite novel for the longest time so I doubt I would have liked anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment