Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Review: To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

Summary from Goodreads:


What if all the crushes you ever had found out how you felt about them... all at once?

Lara Jean Song keeps her love letters in a hatbox her mother gave her. They aren't love letters that anyone else wrote for her; these are ones she's written. One for every boy she's ever loved—five in all. When she writes, she pours out her heart and soul and says all the things she would never say in real life, because her letters are for her eyes only. Until the day her secret letters are mailed, and suddenly, Lara Jean's love life goes from imaginary to out of control.


My Review:
This book was a fun and cute read. :) I was expecting to enjoy it because I really enjoyed The Summer I Turned Pretty series by Jenny Han, and I liked it even more than that series.

The plot was very interesting, and all of the characters were pretty funny, and Han did a great job bringing them to life. It was hard to pick who I would have liked to see Lara Jean end up with. But as the novel went on my favorite character was Peter, he was just so funny and sweet! :D

You get a look at Korean foods and other things because the dad in the book wants to keep their culture alive and I think that was a really nice gesture. 

I was worried that I would not like it because one of the crushes Lara Jean has happens to be her sister's boyfriend, but in the end I think Han did a great job handling the whole situation. And people can have feelings and not act on them, and Lara Jean did not try and steal him away from her sister which showed that she understood how wrong it was.

My Rating:

Five out of Five Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment