Saturday, April 12, 2014

Review: Prodigy by Marie Lu

Summary from Goodreads:
Injured and on the run, it has been seven days since June and Day barely escaped Los Angeles and the Republic with their lives. Day is believed dead having lost his own brother to an execution squad who thought they were assassinating him. June is now the Republic's most wanted traitor. Desperate for help, they turn to the Patriots - a vigilante rebel group sworn to bring down the Republic. But can they trust them or have they unwittingly become pawns in the most terrifying of political games?
My Review:



I whipped through the second book just has fast as I did the first one, and I'm starting the final book in the series as we speak. 

In the second novel you get more of a look at the world of Legend, the Republic, The Patriots, and the American Colonies, and yet again the characters in the novels are well-written. And I love how Lu includes the main characters dreams and memories of the loved ones they've lost.

Once again we get to look inside the minds of Day and June as they try to figure out who to trust in their world, and it is clear that everyone is suspect, plus they are figuring out their new and fragile relationship. I love the two main characters together, and if you do as well the ending will make you want to cry or fling the book out the window. I didn't like how it ended but at least I know there is a third book so that make me feel better.

The only thing I did not like was how everyone was against Day and June, mainly on Day's side with Tess and the others not liking June because she was from the Republic. I enjoy some obstacles for couples in the story, not just instant happiness and love, but sometimes it was a little too much.

If you read and enjoyed Legend the first novel I suggest reading on because it only gets better. :D


My Rating:

5 Stars Out of 5 Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment