Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Review: The Last Forever by Deb Caletti

Summary from Goodreads:
Endings and beginnings sit so close to each other that it’s sometimes impossible to tell which is which.

Nothing lasts forever, and no one gets that more than Tessa. After her mother died, it’s all she can do to keep her friends, her boyfriend, her happiness from slipping away. And then there’s her dad. He’s stuck in his own daze, and it’s so hard to feel like a family when their house no longer seems like a home.

Her father’s solution? An impromptu road trip that lands them in a small coastal town at Tessa’s grandmother’s. Despite all the warmth and beauty there, Tessa can’t help but feel even more lost.

Enter Henry Lark. He understands the relationships that matter. And more importantly, he understands her. A secret stands between them, but Tessa’s willing to do anything to bring them together—because Henry may just be her one chance at forever.
My Review:



By the time I finished this novel I was running out of bookmarks, I like to put a bookmark on the pages that have quotes that I adore, and that tells me I need to invest in some tabs (neon blue of course). I've been a fan of Deb Caletti since high school, the only sad thing is that I've read all of her YA books and I have to wait another year for the next one. The way that she describes mundane moments like sleeves touching or going to the library are so beautiful. I connected to the main character Tessa, and loved the main love interest Henry. I did not see the end coming at all but the story really came together by the end of the novel. 

I don't want to spoil anything so I'm telling you guys to go out and read this book, it was amazing.


My Rating:

Five out Five Stars. It makes me want to go and reread her last nine YA books. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment