Friday, April 18, 2014

Review: Get Happy by Mary Amato

Release Date: October 28, 2014
Summary from Goodreads
A hip high school girl who loves music, writes songs, and is desperate for a ukelele, learns to her shock that her father did not abandon her years ago and has been trying to keep in touch. She begins to investigate him, only to discover that he has a new life with a new family, including the perfect stepdaughter, a girl who Minerva despises.

My Review:



I knew I would like this book the moment I read the first page and the main character wanted a ukelele, awesome. This book is meant for 7th grade and up, but I picked it because I wanted a quick and fun read, and that was exactly what I got! However, it turned from a fun/quick read, and it was quick because I flew through it, and into a shocking beautiful one. The last one hundred pages or so was really well-written, and yes I got misty-eyed by the end of this novel and it hit me more then I thought it would.

Me while reading the last half of this book:
Also the characters through-out the novel were well done, my favorite, besides Hayes (who was so cute), was Fin who was a great friend even when Minerva was not.

I now have the desire to play the Uke, and I have about 0% skill with everything musical. 

I recommend this book, and get ready to get emotionally invested and maybe even cry a little.


Favorite Quote: "I signed, my heart pounding so loud I was sure it was going to burst right through my winter coat and sucker-punch the FedEex guy right off my front doorstep." - eBook at 4%.

My Rating:
5 Stars Out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment