Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Review: Amity by Micol Ostow

Release Date: August 26th, 2014.

Summary from Goodreads
Inspired by a true-crime story of supernatural happenings and gory murders, Amity spans two generations and beyond to weave an overlapping, interconnected tale of terror, insanity, danger, and death.



My Review:



Just a quick warning if you are easily scared this is not the book for you, and reading in the dead of night is not such a great idea. I could barely watch the movie with Ryan Reynolds, which is always on repeat, so this was hard for me to get through without being wigged out. 

The reason why I only gave it three stars is because the writing style kind of threw me, it was hard to follow most of the time, but Ostow got the creepiness part right. Plus it was hard to connect to the main characters, most of all Connor who has the creepiest chapters in the book.

My favorite part of the novel was the way Amity was described and the parts that made me want to stop reading because I was wigged out but I couldn't stop. 

I recommend this to those who want a quick read that might just scare the pants off of them.



My Rating:
3 Stars Out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment