Monday, April 28, 2014

Book to Movie Review: Odd Thomas

Odd Thomas premiered at the River Bend Film Festival, and did not come out on DVD in US until February. And right now the movie is available on Netflix, which is where I watched it.

The book it was based on was Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz which came out in 2003, and I read the book last year and loved it.

No book to movie adaptation is perfect but this one does a great job trying to stick to the original source, and only a few things are left out of the movie. The film pulls of the funny/scary feel of the novel and I really enjoyed it.

All of the actors in the film did an amazing job, and it had me crying my eyes out by the end even though I knew what was going to happen. 



I recommend checking out the book and the movie, you won't be disappointed. And I give it Five Stars! 

No comments:

Post a Comment